Alana Hovis BScOT
Registered Occupational Therapist
Alana completed her Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy at the University of British Columbia in 2000. She has practiced in a wide range of rehabilitation services, including acute care (ICU, ER, palliative, psychiatry, medical and orthopedic units), residential care and community mental health. She has extensive experience and training in rehabilitation approaches for adult and senior mental health and substance use. Alana also has experience in providing home and adaptive equipment prescription, including mobility aids and home safety equipment.
Alana is currently applying her clinical skills in the field of work/occupational rehabilitation. She delivers both worksite-based and home occupational therapy services. This includes development of return to work programs, on-site job coaching and ergonomic assessments, job demands analyses, home safety/accessibility assessments, as well as functional/work capacity evaluations.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 2000
- Matheson Certified Work Capacity Evaluator
Current Practice Areas
- Return to Work Support Services
- On-site job coaching
- Job demands analyses
- Ergonomic assessments
- Home safety/accessibility assessments
- Functional/work capacity Evaluations
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations