Chantelle Fortin MOT, CWCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Chantelle graduated from the University of British Columbia with a Master in Occupational Therapy in 2013. Her first role was on a medical unit at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops assisting with functional and cognitive assessments and discharge planning. She next worked for Back in Motion Rehab in the Occupational Rehabilitation 2 and the Return to Work Support Services programs for WorkSafe BC which involved functional assessments, treatment planning, job site visits and GRTW monitoring and support. Chantelle was also involved in the WorkSafe BC pilot program for PTSD, the Occupational Trauma Program, in which she assessed and treated workers using the principles of exposure therapy. In 2016, she completed the Matheson Functional Capacity Evaluation Certification Program and began completing Functional Capacity Evaluations in 2017.
In her personal time, Chantelle enjoys spending time with her husband and French Bulldog. She also enjoys the advantages of our mild climate while kayaking or riding her motorcycle.
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, University of the Fraser Valley, 2007
Current Practice Areas
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Return to Work Support Services
- Community Occupational Therapy
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – British Columbia
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations