Cheryl Black OT, CWCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Cheryl’s current practice focuses on medical-legal work including functional capacity evaluations and cost of future care assessments. She is a Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator (Roy Matheson and Associates) and an EPIC Lift Capacity Certified Evaluator. Cheryl has also qualified as an Expert Witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia. Cheryl’s clinical work also includes return to work planning, community rehabilitation and work site assessments. With over 20 years of clinical experience as an occupational therapist, Cheryl has enjoyed the opportunity to practice in a wide range of practice areas including brain injury rehabilitation, orthopedics, rheumatology, vocational rehabilitation, home care and mental health and addictions.
Outside of work, Cheryl enjoys spending time with her family, travel and running.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS (1994)
- Certificate in Psychiatric Vocational Rehabilitation, Boston University (2006)
- Certified Work Capacity Evaluator (Roy Matheson and Associates)
- EPIC Lift Capacity Certified Evaluator
- Expert Witness Testimony in the Supreme Court of British Columbia
Current Practice Areas
- Medical-Legal Consulting- Functional/Work Capacity Evaluation, Cost of Future Care Analysis, File Critique
- Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation, Job Demands Analysis, Design and Coordination of Graduated Return-to-Work programs, Community Occupational Therapy
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations