Laura Tighe BSc Kin, MOT
Registered Occupational Therapist
Laura has experience in many Occupational Therapy practice areas, including: Community mental health, residential mental health services, home and community care services, musculoskeletal rehabilitation, palliative care, ergonomics, vocational rehabilitation, and acute inpatient care. She has a strong interest and experience in psychosocial rehabilitation and motivational interviewing. Additionally, she enjoys providing home safety recommendations, adaptive equipment, and creative solutions to enable people to live and work in the environments of their choosing.
Prior to obtaining her Maters degree in Occupational Therapy, Laura worked as a Kinesiologist providing land and pool based exercises rehabilitation programs for clients, as well as performing ergonomic assessments and job demands analyses.
Laura is passionate about providing quality, holistic, client-centered care.
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 2012
- Bachelor of Science Kinesiology/Psychology, University of Victoria, 2006
Current Practice Areas
- Return to Work Support Services
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Job Demands Analyses
- Home safety/accessibility/seating assessments and solutions
- Mental Health and Substance use Occupational Therapy Services
- COTBC-College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- CAOT-Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations