Maureen Edgar M.A.
Maureen’s career in mental health began in 1988 as an outreach crisis interventionist and group home operator. She completed her Master of Arts Degree in Counselling Psychology in 2002. Since obtaining this graduate degree, she has applied her counselling and assessment skills in a range of outpatient and community mental health settings. She has extensive experience in the areas of psychosocial rehabilitation, suicide prevention, crisis management and psychotherapy.
For the last ten years she has been creating and implementing individual and group programs used in the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression and trauma. She continues to invest in professional development, particularly in Sensorimotor, cognitive therapy and mindfulness. Maureen is very attuned to what people need in order to feel safe in the therapeutic relationship and understands that the process of change can be both deeply satisfying and scary. She will meet you where you are and guide you in a way that is personally empowering.
She is a mindfulness practitioner for whom being truly present is a way of life. She enjoys playing and coaching soccer, cycling, connecting with nature and long walks with her dogs.
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy – Level 1- Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses and Traumatic Memory, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, 2016
- Pacific Jubilee Spiritual Direction Program, Naramata Centre, 2013
- Advanced Clinical Supervision in Psychology Certificate, University of Calgary Continuing Education, 2009
- Master of Counseling Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 2002
- Wholistic Therapy Diploma, Wildrose College of Natural Healing, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of Calgary, 1990
Current Practice Areas
- Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation Assessments
- Group facilitation for treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Individual psychotherapy (anxiety disorders, depression, grief, chronic pain, trauma)
- Canadian Psychological Association
- College of Psychologists of British Columbia
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations