Philip A. Towsley BHSc OT, CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Phil has worked as an occupational therapist since 1990 in the areas of functional testing, vocational rehabilitation and performing occupational therapy with children. He is a Matheson Certified Work / Functional Capacity Evaluator, a Blankenship Functional Capacity Evaluator, a Certified EPIC Lift Capacity evaluator and a Vestibular Therapist. Phil has been accepted as an expert witness in the Supreme Courts of Ontario and British Columbia for the purposes of work / functional capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis and occupational therapy. Phil performs work / functional capacity evaluations, cost of future care analysis, job demands analysis and therapy for adults and children with neurological, mental health, and / or physical injuries / impairments.
Phil is committed to continuing education with interests in manual therapy, osteopathy, biomechanics, vestibular and vision rehabilitation and brain injury. Continuing education to date has included functional capacity evaluation for individuals with brain injury, an advanced functional capacity evaluation course, a life care planning course, vestibular rehabilitation, driver screening, using neurodevelopmental therapy, sensory integration and motor learning with children, rehabilitation for the back and athletic development.
Phil’s interests include martial arts, swimming, drawing, playing guitar, camping and kayaking.
- Bachelor of Health Science, McMaster University, 1990
- Matheson System Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator
- Certified EPIC Lift Capacity Evaluator
- The Blankenship System Functional Capacity Evaluation Certified Evaluator
- Competency in Vestibular Rehabilitation, March 2013, Emory University and the American Physical Therapy Association
- Graduate of Canadian College of Osteopathy, May 2005
Current Practice Areas
- MedLegal Functional Capacity Evaluations
- MedLegal Cost of Future Care Assessments
- MedLegal File Critiques
- Return to Work Support Services
- The College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations