Robert Corcoran BHK, MSc OT, CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Rob carries a balanced caseload of medical legal evaluations, return to work support services, and community occupational therapy treatment. Rob has served as an expert witness for the Supreme Court of British Columbia in the areas of functional capacity and cost of future care evaluations since 2013. Over his 9 years with Re: Function Rob has worked in occupational rehabilitation programs, provided support services on 250 job sites, assisted over 100 clients in the community, and completed over 400 functional evaluations. Rob is recognized by Pain BC as a practitioner with expertise in chronic pain management.
Rob is skilled in assessing cognitive and physical abilities in community and vocational contexts. His community background includes prescription of functional mobility aids, adaptive equipment and home modifications that enable safe functional performance. He developed his strong foundation in areas of spinal cord injury (SCI’s) and acquired brain injury (ABI) while working at GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre earlier in his career.
When Rob is not providing occupational therapy services he enjoys coaching his children’s hockey and soccer teams, snowmobiling, watching rugby highlights, and trail running.
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, 2003
- Master of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, 2005
- Matheson Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator – Advanced (Certificate #900781)
- E.P.I.C. Lift Capacity Certified Evaluator (Certificate # 02121122)
Current Practice Areas
- Cost of Future Care Analyses inclusive of persons with SCI and ABI
- Functional Capacity Evaluations inclusive of persons with SCI and ABI
- Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Medical Legal Critiques & Trial Support
- WorkSafe BC Community Brain Injury Services & Community OT Services Contractor
- WorkSafe BC Return to Work Support Services Contractor
- WorkSafeBC Functional Capacity Evaluation Contractor
- Ergonomic & Job Demands Analyses inclusive of Cognitive Demands Analyses
- College of Occupational Therapy of British Columbia, COTC Full-Time Member #AF1786
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, CAOT Full-Time Member #94207
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations