Robert Gander BHK, MClSc OT, CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Rob has worked as an occupational therapist in the field of vocational rehabilitation since 2000. He is a Certified Work Capacity Evaluator / Certified Functional Capacity Evaluator. Rob has been accepted as an expert witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia for the purpose of work/functional capacity evaluation and occupational therapy. Rob performs work/functional capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis, and job demands and ergonomic risk factor analysis, and provides return to work support for adults with neurological, mental health, and/or physical injuries/impairments.
Rob has successfully completed a Functional Capacity Evaluation Certification Program, a Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation Program, an Advanced Functional Capacity Evaluation Program, a Life Care Planning Program, a Work Conditioning and Work Hardening Program, and an Ergonomic Evaluation Certification Program. Rob has extensive experience providing assessment and treatment services for individuals with chronic pain within the context of a multi-disciplinary occupational rehabilitation program.
Rob is an avid cyclist who has competed in various cycling disciplines. Other personal interests include acoustic guitar and economics.
- Master of Clinical Science (Occupational Therapy), University of Western Ontario, 2000
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics. University of British Columbia, 1997
Current Practice Areas
- Medical Legal Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Cost of Future Care Evaluation / Life Care Planning
- Ergonomic Analysis
- Return to Work Support Services
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations