Timothy Winter BSc OT, CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Tim is currently a consultant occupational therapist in private practice. In this capacity he performs medical-legal consultations, work/functional capacity evaluations, job demands/ergonomic worksite analysis, and rehabilitation for adults with various neurological, mental health and/or physical injuries/disorders. Tim has been accepted as an expert witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia for the purposes of work capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis and occupational therapy.
Tim has a variety of previous work experiences as an occupational therapist, having worked at Holy Family Hospital in Vancouver, BC; inpatient rehabilitation, Colchester General Hospital in Colchester England; acute medical, inpatient stroke rehabilitation, outpatient neurological rehabilitation, and Back in Motion Rehabilitation Inc. doing vocational rehabilitation. The clinical work required has included the assessment and treatment of individuals for discharge planning, developing social and coping skills, and re-integration to the workforce and independent living.
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy University of British Columbia, 2002
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology Major, Biology Minor, University of Victoria, 1999
- University Transfer Program, Capilano College, 1996
Current Practice Areas
- Medical-Legal Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Medical-Legal Cost of Future Care Evaluations
- Medical-Legal File Critiques
- Return to Work Support Services
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC), 2002-Present
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT), 2001-Present
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations