Michelle Wagner BPhyst
Within Re:Function Health Group, Inc., Michelle is the Practice Leader for Physiotherapy Services. In addition to this role, Michelle’s clinical practice entails performing functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic evaluations, workplace assessments, and return to work planning and monitoring for clients with various neurological, physical and/or mental health injuries and/or disorders. Michelle has completed the Functional Capacity Evaluation Certification Program, Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation Program and the Advanced Functional Capacity Evaluation Program (Roy Matheson and Associates).
Prior to working with Re:Function Health Group, Inc., Michelle initially worked in the hospital setting in acute care and sub-acute care. Thereafter, Michelle worked in private clinical settings providing community based physiotherapy treatment services to the adult and geriatric population with a variety of orthopedic, neurological and chronic pain related disorders. In this capacity, Michelle also worked in Work Hardening, WorkSafeBC Occupational Rehabilitation 1 and 2 programs, helping to physically and mentally prepare injured workers and motor vehicle accident victims for a return to work and a return to their normal daily activities.
- Certified Work Capacity Evaluator, Roy Matheson and Associates, 2014; 2018
- Bachelor Degree, Physiotherapy, University of Pretoria, 2002
Current Practice Areas
- Physiotherapy Practice Leader
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Return to Work Support Services
- College of Physiotherapists British Columbia
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia
- Associate Member of The Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations