Ralph Cheesman OT (C), CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Ralph founded Back in Motion Functional Assessments, now known as Re:Function Health Group Inc. in 2000. He is the CEO and managing partner of this company.
Ralph spearheads company liaison with stakeholders, provides overview of clinical, financial, and administration management, and continues with clinical practice. His particular emphasis and practice is medical legal services covering functional capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis, standard of care analysis, and file critique.
Ralph embraces academic process within continuing practice. He consistently attends professional development training courses, fosters monthly education in professional practice meetings, and provides guest lectures for insurance and legal entities and conferences. Ralph has developed and provided clinical lecture series to both the Bachelor and Master of Occupational Therapy Programs at the University of British Columbia from 2004 through 2008 in the fields of Vocational Rehabilitation and Program Design.
- Bachelor of Physical Education (Exercise Science Major), University of British Columbia, 1988
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 1992
- Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator 1997/2002/2007/2012/2015
- Certified EPIC Lift Capacity Evaluator 2000
Current Practice Areas
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Cost of Future Care Analyses
- Medical Legal Critique Services
- Ergonomic Assessments and Equipment Prescription
- Community Rehabilitation
- Return to Work Support Services
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC Chapter
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations