Ralph Cheesman Reg. OT (BC), CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Ralph founded a rehabilitation company now known as Re:Function Health Group Inc. in 2000. He is the CEO and Managing Partner.
Ralph spearheads company liaison with stakeholders, provides overview of clinical, financial, and administration management, and continues with clinical practice. His particular emphasis and practice is medical legal services covering functional capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis, standard of care analysis, and file critique.
Ralph is a qualified and recognized expert in the Supreme Court of British Columbia for work/functional capacity evaluation, cost of future care analysis, occupational therapy, and job demands analysis. He has also provided expert testimony at Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunals and at Employer/Union Arbitrations in areas of ergonomic evaluation, musculoskeletal disorders in relation to workplace risk factors, and functional analysis of surveillance videotape. He organizes and maintains a balanced practice, providing services to both Plaintiff and Defense Counsel.
Ralph embraces academic process within continuing practice. He consistently attends professional development training courses, disseminates education in professional practice meetings, and provides guest lectures for insurance and legal entities and conferences. Ralph has developed and provided clinical lecture series to both the Bachelor and Master of Occupational Therapy Programs at the University of British Columbia from 2004 through 2008 in the fields of Vocational Rehabilitation and Program Design. He is the current clinical instructor for the Advanced Concepts in Functional Capacity Evaluation course offered by Matheson Education and Training Solutions.
- Certified EPIC Lift Capacity Evaluator, 2000
- Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator 1997/2002/2007/2012/2015/2018
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 1992
- Bachelor of Physical Education (Exercise Science Major), University of British Columbia, 1988
Current Practice Areas
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Cost of Future Care Analyses
- Medical Legal Critique Services
- Ergonomic Assessments and Equipment Prescription
- Community Rehabilitation
- Return to Work Support Services
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists – BC Chapter
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations