Carly Higgon BKin, MOT, CWCE/CFCE
Registered Occupational Therapist
Carly graduated from the UBC Master of Occupational Therapy program in 2009, and completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology degree in 2007 at the University of Regina, where she majored in Adapted Physical Activity. She has been working as an Occupational Therapist in the vocational rehabilitation field since 2009. Carly has attended a breadth of course work dedicated to best practice in Functional Capacity Evaluation and Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation, and she is a Certified Functional/Work Capacity Evaluator.
Carly’s current practice focuses on functional capacity evaluations for rehabilitation and medical-legal purposes, cognitive functional capacity evaluations, graduated return to work planning and monitoring, job coaching, risk factor analysis assessments, job demands analyses, ergonomic assessments, job site visits, and community occupational therapy interventions. She is also the companies Practice Leader for the WorkSafeBC Return to Work Support Services contract.
When Carly is not in the clinic, you are most likely to find her in her kitchen (claiming to be the next MasterChef), enjoying BC’s mountains on a snowboard, or wrangling her toddler and dog.
- Master of Occupational Therapy, University of British Columbia, 2009
- Bachelor of Kinesiology, University of Regina, 2007
- Certified Work/Functional Capacity Evaluator, Roy Matheson & Associates, 2013 (re-certification obtained in 2016)
Current Practice Areas
- MedLegal Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Return to Work Support Services
- Community Occupational Therapy
- College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC), Registered Member (Membership Number: AJ2300)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, Registered Member (Membership Number: 55549)
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists, Registered Member
Re: Function is reliable, professional, thorough and provides balanced opinions. Feedback from our customers on the quality of reporting has been favourable and we continue to rely on them for assessments.— Director of Operations